Dental Care That Fits Your Life
Are You Living with Missing Teeth?
Do you experience:
- Lowered self-confidence
- Sunken facial features
- Embarrassment while smiling
- Compromised oral health
- Trouble eating or speaking
If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
Feel Whole Again with Dental Implants in Eugene & Springfield
Dental implants aren’t just replacement teeth. They’re a route to feeling complete once more. When you have gaps in your smile, you have gaps in your confidence, excitement, and quality of life.
Luckily, dental implants are:
Essentially, dental implants are prosthetic teeth that fit directly into your jawbone. Manufactured to match your natural teeth in size, shape, and color, dental implants by our Eugene dentist provide permanent replacements that can renew even the most damaged smiles.
Dental Implant Anatomy
- Implant Fixture – Consisting of a titanium screw, the implant fixture or post is the piece of the dental implant that acts like a natural tooth root.
- Abutment – The abutment is the small cap that connects the implant fixture to the prosthetic crown.
- Prosthetic Crown – The crown is the visible part of the dental implant, made to look just like your natural teeth.
How do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are so successful because of a process called osseointegration, which really just means bonding to bone.
The dental implant post is made of titanium, which is a biocompatible material. When the post and the jawbone come in contact, the bone begins to wrap around it until it’s fully encircled. Once this process is finished, the post is a permanent fixture in the jaw and serves as a strong replacement tooth root.
Your Dental Implant Options
Whether you’re missing one tooth or all 32, dental implants can provide you with a solution to your specific condition.
- Single Tooth Restoration – If you’re missing only one tooth, we can provide you with a single dental implant, right at the site of the gap.
- Multiple Teeth Restoration – If your missing teeth are spread throughout your mouth, Dr. Baarstad will usually restore each site with single implants. If you have multiple missing teeth in a row or beside each other, you will likely receive an implant-supported bridge.
- Full Arch Restoration – Because we can’t replace every single tooth with a single implant, patients with a full arch of missing teeth will receive an implant supported overdenture.
Learn More About Dental Implants with Dr. Terri Baarstad
If you’re living with missing teeth in Eugene or Springfield, OR, we welcome you to SmileAlive. Our mission is to help you regain your quality-of-life with beautiful dental implants. Learn more about how dental implants can help you by contacting our dental offices in Eugene & Springfield for an obligation-free consultation.