Are You Living with Missing Teeth?
Do you experience:
- Lowered self-confidence
- Sunken facial features
- Embarrassment while smiling
- Compromised oral health
- Trouble eating or speaking
Feel Whole Again with Dental Implants in Eugene & Springfield
Dental implants aren’t just replacement teeth. They’re a pathway to feeling complete once more. When you have gaps in your smile, you may experience gaps in your confidence, excitement, and quality of life. If this sounds familiar, the team at SmileAlive can help.
Dental implants are:
Essentially, dental implants are prosthetic teeth that fit directly into your jawbone. Manufactured to match your natural teeth in size, shape, and color, dental implants provide permanent replacements that can renew and restore even the most damaged smiles.
Dental Implant Anatomy
- Implant Fixture – Consisting of a titanium screw, the implant fixture or post is the piece of the dental implant that acts like a natural tooth root.
- Abutment – The abutment is the small cap that connects the implant fixture to the prosthetic crown.
- Prosthetic Crown – The crown is the visible part of the dental implant, made to look just like your natural teeth.
How do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are so successful because of a process called osseointegration, which really just means bonding to bone.
The dental implant post is made of titanium, which is a biocompatible material. When the post and the jawbone come in contact, the bone begins to wrap around it until it’s fully encircled. Once this process is finished, the post is a permanent fixture in the jaw and serves as a strong replacement tooth root.
Your Dental Implant Options
Whether you’re missing one tooth or all 32, dental implants can provide you with a solution to your specific condition.
- Single Tooth Restoration – If you’re missing only one tooth, we can place a single dental implant in the area that looks, feels and functions like your natural tooth.
- Multiple Teeth Restoration – If your missing teeth are spread throughout your mouth, Dr. Baarstad will usually restore each site with single implants. If you have multiple missing teeth or beside each other, you may receive an implant-supported bridge.
- Full Arch Restoration – For those patients with a full arch of missing teeth, an implant supported overdenture should be considered.
Learn More About Dental Implants with Dr. Terri Baarstad
If you’re living with missing teeth in Eugene or Springfield, OR, we welcome you to SmileAlive. Our mission is to help you regain your quality-of-life with beautiful dental implants. Learn more about how dental implants can help you by contacting our dental offices in Eugene & Springfield for an obligation-free consultation.