To Our Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will notice changes in the PPE (personal protective equipment) are staff will be wearing as some of the requirements for our PPE have changed in response to COVID-19.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office and we will be taking your temperature at this time.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will ask you to call from your car when you arrive at our office and our staff will let you know if you should proceed into the office or wait in your car for us to call you.
- To reduce the number of people in our office, we are asking that unless absolutely necessary, that only the patient receiving treatment enter the office
- We will ask all patients to use a pre-procedure rinse once we have you back in the operatory.
- If you are experiencing flu like or COVID like symptoms or have a fever, please call our office to reschedule your appointment.
In keeping with Governor Brown’s mandate as of July 1, for masks to be worn in all indoor public areas and businesses, we will require all patients entering our buildings and offices to wear a mask/face covering. If you have an appointment, once you are seated in the operatory, you will remove your mask. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we all work together to keep each other healthy.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our Eugene office at 541-683-8396 or our Springfield office at 541-746-9552.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Terri Baarstad and team
Looking for a Dentist in Eugene or Springfield?
Dr. Terri Baarstad & The SmileAlive Dentistry Team
Have Been Voted Eugene’s Favorite Dentist in…
Welcome To SmileAlive Dentistry
So choosing the right dentist is an intensely personal decision. That’s why from the moment you walk into SmileAlive, you’ll know you’re in a unique dental office. The comfortable atmosphere you’ll find at SmileAlive is an extension of the down-to-earth personalities of Dr. Terri Baarstad and her staff.
They bring a “human touch” to dentistry – through a kind word, insightful consultation, or by being sensitive to your scheduling or budgetary needs. If you’re looking for a dentist in Eugene or Springfield, call today to talk with one of our friendly staff. With pain-free gentle techniques, a relaxing environment and comprehensive family, restorative and cosmetic services, SmileAlive is a great place to call “home” for your dental care.